Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Pillow!

Hello!  I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous day!  As for me, I'm working all night again for the next two nights.  Unfortunately, it is quite busy at the moment, so this will have to be a brief posting.  As promised I wanted to share with you all that I received my pillow and love it!  Here it is:



My swap partner ended up being Bonnie over at Bonnie's Blurbs.  She is a seasoned quilter and prefers "scrappy" quilting over any other form.  There was a very nice and quite funny letter hidden inside the pillow.  In this letter, Bonnie told me that my pillow is the third one she created for the swap.  She didn't realize that we would be assigned a specific person and also stated that she had some difficulty working with the browns and greens that I like so much, as these are not her favorite colors to work with. 

Bonnie, if you're reading this, I just wanted to let you know that I really like the pillow you made for me!  I will admit that it isn't exactly what I expected to receive.  With everything I've seen from the few meetings I attended last year, I thought that my swap partner would end up creating something very bright and wonky.  What you made is much more toned down and that's okay.  I actually like it better.  The fact that you made something following your preferred technique is like the pillow telling a story about your love for quilting.  The piecing is done very well and the waviness in your quilting is gorgeous!  Thank you for a beautiful pillow that will be a nice addition to my sewing room!

Just to fill everyone in, the partner I made "El Pollo Loco" for absolutely loved it.  It apparently brought her to tears.  I never expected such a reaction, but I am quite touched to know that something I made impacted someone so much.  She actually told me that she has three chickens that she keeps as pets, which I had no knowledge of.  She also said that the pillow matches the new color scheme in her sewing room very well.  Jenny, I am glad that you are enjoying your pillow!

With all of the above said, I think that it's safe to say that my first swap ever went very well.  I am looking forward to participating in many more of these.  It's very special having something that someone made just for me.  I think I finally understand just how much it means to others when I give them things that I've made specifically for them.

Anyways, enough of the mushiness.  I have to get back to work.  Take care and please remember to wag more and bark less.

No comments:

Post a Comment